Updating your house by giving the bathroom a makeover is a great way to breathe new life into it.
Unfortunately, the nature of bathroom fittings means that updates create large items of waste.
Bathroom clearance by Yes Waste – what we can remove.
- Baths. Baths are one of the largest items we remove
- Sinks, Shower Units and Toilets – disassembled into parts
- Tiling and Flooring – wood, tiles or carpet
- Cabinets and fittings
What happens to bathroom clearance waste?
What happens to the items we remove in a bathroom clearance depends on the materials they are made of.
At our unit in Wakefield we, strip each item down to its parts. Then…
- Metal items like taps are classed as scrap metal and can be reused in many places.
- Porcelain is crushed and reused. (Porcelain is a material for the environment. Its very long-lasting, uses few scarce resources and can be reused in new porcelain products, roadbuilding or building materials.
- Plastics are graded and disposed of by recycling where possible. Typically it then gets washed, shredded and formed into pellets which are used in new products.
- Glass is widely recycled of course.
- Flooring covers a range of materials, which are separated and recycled where we can.
Find out more about our recycling services on the About Us page.
How to book an appointment.
Making a booking for Yes Waste to come and collect rubbish is straightforward. We collect all kinds of waste in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire, and places slightly further afield such as York.