Peace of Mind Portsmouth Asbestos Removal and Disposal
Trading since 2010, you can trust us to provide compliant and safe asbestos removal services throughout Portsmouth and the surrounding areas.
We operate within current guidelines according to the latest legislation and HSE codes of practice as a minimum. In addition to this, all of our site operatives have completed Asbestos Awareness Courses and are trained, competent, and experienced in asbestos disposal.
What category of asbestos disposal do we operate within?
Asbestos removal & disposal falls into one of two categories; Licensed and non-licensed work.
We operate within the non-licensed category with the criteria provided by HSE (see here) being as follows:
- Sporadic and of low intensity – the concentration of asbestos in the air should not exceed 0.6f/cm3 measured over 10 minutes
- Carried out in such a way that the exposure of workers to asbestos will not exceed the legal control limit of 0.1 asbestos fibers per cubic centimetre of air (0.1 f/cm3) (averaged over a four hour period)
- Meet at least one of the four following conditions:
- It is a short non-continuous maintenance task, with only non-friable materials
- It is a removal task, where the asbestos-containing materials (ACMS) are in reasonable condition and are not being deliberately broken up, and the asbestos fibres are firmly contained within a matrix, eg the asbestos is coated, covered, or contained within another material, such as cement (typically found in garage roofs), paint or plastic.
- It is a task where the ACMs are in good condition and are being sealed or encapsulated to ensure they are not easily damaged in the future.
- It is an air monitoring and control task to check fibre concentrations in the air.
What type of asbestos removal we CAN do
- Asbestos cement products, (roof sheeting) provided the material is carefully handled/removed without breaking up; this includes work with asbestos cement which is weathered but not otherwise substantially damaged.
- Small areas of textured decorative coatings using suitable dust-reducing methods, to support other activities such as installation/replacement of smoke alarms and light fittings.
- Textured decorative coatings provided that this can be done without deterioration of the material, (eg if the backing board is carefully cut around to achieve virtually intact removal).
- Loosely fixed (eg screwed) asbestos insulating board (AIB) panels in order to gain access to areas for other maintenance activities (eg under a bath to carry out pipework maintenance, or for access to a ceiling void for the repair of lighting). This also includes re-attaching the panels after the work is done.
- An AIB door with asbestos fireproofing.
What type of asbestos removal we CANNOT do
Examples of work that must only be completed by a licensed asbestos contractor, and therefore work we cannot undertake include:
- Removing sprayed coatings (limpet asbestos).
- Removal or other work which may disturb pipe lagging.
- Involving loose-fill insulation.
- Asbestos millboard.
- Cleaning up significant quantities of loose/fine debris containing ACM dust (where the work is not sporadic and of low intensity, the control limit will be exceeded or it is not short duration work).
- On AIB, where the risk assessment indicates that it will not be of short duration.
Why Choose Yes Waste to remove and dispose of Asbestos Garage
As a licensed and insured waste management company, our professional, friendly and efficient teams help people within Portsmouth with their waste removal needs, including asbestos garage disposal.
Upon completion of the job, we will provide you with a waste transfer note when working at domestic premises (households) or a Hazardous waste consignment note if working at commercial premises.
There are 6 types of asbestos; chrysotile, amosite, crocidolite, crocidolite, anthophtllite, tremolite, and actinolite.
When appointing any contractor it is necessary that they provide you (the client) with a Risk Assessment Method Statement prior to starting any work.
Want to know more about our Portsmouth Asbestos garage demolition service?
We’re always happy to discuss your Asbestos garage demolition requirements with you, so please get in touch by completing our form. Alternatively, we realise that completing forms is not for everyone. Therefore, if you would like to discuss your requirements in more detail, please call one of our friendly team for expert advice on 0800 058 2522.